Dr Alison Bushell - The Cake Doctor
I am a multi award winning wedding and celebration cake designer with a very successful Sugarcraft School. Not only do I produce high quality bespoke cakes but I also teach how to do that too. I have recently been employed by Adult Learning Wales as a Sugarcraft Tutor.
Having recently been diagnosed with coeliac disease I have taken the decision to switch to a coeliac friendly business i.e. no wheat, barley or rye and only gluten free products used. "Normal cakes" will be available upon request but with very strict restrictions in place to reduce any cross contamination.
Important bits you might like to know
- The business was established 2009 although I have only had my own premises since 2014
- I am fully insured. (Public liability insurance limit: £5m)
- I have Level 2 -Food Safety and Hygiene for both Catering and Retail
- I have successfully completed Food Allergy Awareness Training
- I have a Food Hygiene Rating of 5 as issued by Flintshire County Council
- I have also been DRB checked